The day starts at 9am (10am on Sundays) in the on-site coffee shop for a meet and greet as well as an overview of the day…not to mention coffee. From there, we will go down to the workshop. A demonstration of the techniques you will learn will start the practicalities and then it will be over to you. Your tutor will always be on hand to answer questions and guide you through the techniques.
You will learn the techniques of good tool presentation, shaping a bowl using natural curves, aspects of safety and after lunch, you’ll learn how to finish your bowl flawlessly. And then, by the time the course ends at about 4:30pm, you will have a piece of work to be proud of.
Your Bowl Turning Day Includes:
- Timber (you are welcome to bring your own piece if you wish.)
- Use of Tools (you are welcome to bring your own)
- Use of any required consumables or other equipment
- Lunch at the popular on-site coffee shop
- PPE and Insurance
How To Book:
- Select a Green date in the calendar above;
- Select the number of people you wish to book;
- Click on ‘Book Now’,
- Complete your details on the CheckOut page
- Pay with PayPal.
- After confirmation and payment, you will receive a welcome pack with further information as well as health and safety considerations.
Minimum Numbers: A minimum of two attendees are required for this course to run and a maximum of three. If, two weeks prior to the course date, there are not enough attendees for it to run, you will be contacted and offered a place on the next course or any monies paid will be refunded in full.