As a member of the Black Dog Workshop, you are entitled to unsupervised, untutored lathe time to turn what you wish. You must complete a basic competency test (you must be able to turn a simple bowl and simple spindle project) on your first visit in order to be permitted to turn unsupervised. This is a requirement of our insurance company.
If you are a new member with no turning experience, book a 1-1 day tuition course (at a 25% discount) to get the basics and we’ll be happy for you to turn.
Your Lathe Time Includes:
- Use of a Comet II Lathe or Nova Galaxi (for an additional £5.00)
and standard set of 6 Robert Sorby tools (you are welcome to bring your own)
- Use of any required consumables (sanding pads and finishes) or other equipment
- PPE and Insurance
How To Book:
- Select a Green date in the calendar above,
- Click on’Check Availability’,
- On the CheckOut page, complete your details,
- Click on ‘Request Confirmation’.
We’ll then check your requested date and time is available and send you a confirmation and link to pay, or contact you with an alternative date.