Your course starts at 9am in the on-site coffee shop for an informal overview of the day and a health and safety briefing…not to mention coffee! From there, we will go down to the workshop.
Your Woodturning Tuition Day Includes:
- Timber (you are welcome to bring your own piece if you wish.)
- Use of Tools (you are welcome to bring your own)
- Use of any required consumables or other equipment
- Lunch at the popular on-site coffee shop
- PPE and Insurance
How To Book:
- Choose how many people are coming
- Select the course you would like
- Select a Green date in the calendar above;
- Click on ‘Book Now’,
- Complete your details on the CheckOut page
- Pay with PayPal.
- After confirmation and payment, you will receive a welcome pack with further information as well as health and safety considerations.
Minimum Numbers: A minimum of two attendees are required and a maximum of three. If, two weeks prior to the course date, there are not enough attendees for it to run, you will be contacted and offered a place on the next course or any monies paid will be refunded in full.
You will learn the techniques of good tool presentation, shaping a bowl using natural curves, aspects of safety and after lunch, you’ll learn how to finish your bowl flawlessly. And then, by the time the course ends at about 4:30pm, you will have a piece of work to be proud of.
Learn how to successfully colour wood using the Intrinsic Collection wood dyes which includes a sample set of the Intrinsic Colours for you to take away.
I’ll guide you through how to get the perfect surface on which to apply the colours and demonstrate how to successfully blend the colours together for a glorious piece that will become the centre of attention in your home.
IMPORTANT: This course is aimed at turners who can turn a simple bowl in under and hour without supervision, and using gouges. It will not be possible to coach you through the turning of a bowl on this course. If you use carbide tipped tools, and can still turn a bowl in under an hour using them, you must bring your tools with you.
Enjoy the day turning a gorgeous goblet and learn about lines, form, the tools to use, how to use them and perhaps most importantly, how to finish it beautifully.