- Support the projects of the Black Dog Workshop
- Facebook Live events from Q&A sessions to demonstrations
- Live demonstrations
- Membership of the Private Black Dog Workshop Facebook Group
- Black Dog Workshop Sticker and Patch sent to your home address
- All of the above plus:
- Unlimited, bookable* lathe time including use of standard set of 6 Robert Sorby Tools,
- Up to 10% discount on all products on msabansmith.com, including tuition,
- Open days once a month on alternating Saturdays and Sundays**
- Demonstrations by Martin Saban-Smith and invited professional turners,**
- Opportunities to use the lathes and tools available in the workshop on open days, subject to availability.
- Technique advice and discussion on members days,
- Chances to demonstrate your own turning,
- Insurance for use of lathes at the workshop,
- Reference library of 20+ different turning books.
The only additional thing to pay for is £3.00 for each time you visit to pay for consumables.
Membership is not on a subscription basis and you will be asked if you would like to continue your membership towards the end of your current membership period. When you decide to stay, you will be able to pay again for the next membership period.
* Lathe time is bookable up to 2 weeks in advance via the website, subject to availability. Last minute availability will be published on the Facebook group. Lathe Time is unsupervised and without instruction. Members booking lathe time must be able to at least turn a simple bowl and spindle project for which a free competency test will be conducted before allowed to use a lathe unsupervised.
** Weekend meetings are from 10am till 2pm, and are currently limited to 12 prebooked members. See member section of website for details.
*** A small fee may be payable to cover costs of the demonstrator.