msabansmith.com is a site operated by Hampshire Sheen Ltd.
We are registered in England and Wales under company number 9817729 and with our registered office at Garthowen, Alton Lane, Four Marks, Hampshire, GU34 5AJ.
Our main trading address is: Garthowen Garden Centre, Alton Lane, Four Marks, Hampshire, GU34 5AJ
Our VAT number is 250 4876 03.
Your personal data will be used to provide the information, goods and services offered through our website to you, for billing and order fulfillment.
- If you sign up to our newsletter we will use your email address to send you information about our products or services.
- You can opt out of these at any point and you can ask for personal data to stop being recorded at any time.
Cookies & monitoring
- Strictly necessary cookies – These are cookies that are essential to the operation of our website.
- Analytical/performance cookie – These cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors to our website.
- Functionality cookies – These cookies are used to recognise you when you return to our website.
- Targeting Cookies – These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed.
We may monitor traffic to our site and collect the following information:
- The IP address of your computer.
- The referring website from which you have got to our website from.
The reasons for this are:
- To make ongoing improvements to our website based on this data.
- To see our most popular sources of business.
In accordance to the new GDPR which comes into effect in May 2018, here is the core information on who M. Saban-Smith Woodturning processes your data, and what data I hold:
- What Information is Collected From Website Visitors: ip addresses, device information, access information, cookies, visit duration and tracking, email address, phone, name, shipping address and billing addresses, purchased products and mailing list signed up to;
- How and Where the Personal Information Is Processed: If you have made a purchase through this website: The data held is held on the payment website (PayPal if you make a purchase from this website), your purchase information, name, addresses, email address and phone number are stored in your account on this website and is also transferred for the legal recording financial transactions on our accounting software called Xero. The information is also used for internal sales reporting to assist with the development of the business. Occasionally, your name and email address, as well as purchase history will be used to send marketing messages to you. If your signed up to an email newsletter on this website: We only have details of your email address, and this is only stored on this website for use in marketing campaigns and email newsletters.
- Who Has Access to This Personal Data: Martin Saban-Smith is the only person who has access to the information on this website. PayPal have access to financial transactions via their website, and our accountant has access to the data for use in preparation of company accounts and day to day running of the business.
- Contact Details of the Assigned Data Protection Officer: Martin Saban-Smith. Contact via email HERE, or write to Martin Saban-Smith, Garthowen Garden Centre, Alton Lane, Four Marks, Hampshire. GU34 5AJ. Call 01420 560077.
- How to Lodge a Data Subject Access Request: You can request your personal data by following the GDPR link in your account dashboard on this website.
- How Long is Your Personal Information Held: Legally, we have to hold details of financial transactions for seven years in accordance to HMRC regulations after the date of the transaction. Other, non-financial details will be held on this website until you request they are deleted or you cease to interact with the website when they will be deleted within 12 months of your last interaction.
The products on this website come from a variety of sources both in the UK and overseas. Many of them are handmade and therefore, may vary slight;y in consistency between batches made. They are generally considered to be hazardous and should be kept away from children at all times and the user of the product should follow the guidelines on the packaging regarding correct use, and the use of personal protection equipment. We cannot be held liable for improper use of any of the products for sale on msabansmith.com.
Shavings Loyalty Points (Discontinuing in 2018)
- One ‘Shaving’ will awarded to you for every pound you spend;
- You can save your Shavings up in your account and spend them all at once or a few at a time;
- The exchange rate is 100 ‘Shavings’ for £1.00 off your next order;
- Earn 50 ‘Shavings’ for each product review you leave;
- Some products will have special Shavings Bonuses on earning you even more!;
- New customers will automatically receive 100 ‘Shavings’ Points when opening an account.
For bookings other than tailored tuition made more than one month in advance, the full balance of the tuition cost is payable at the time of booking if you are booking.
If you Cancel:
If you cancel your booking two weeks or more prior to the start date of your course, a cancellation fee of 50% will be payable and the remaining 50% will be refunded to you. If you cancel two weeks or less prior to the course date, all monies paid will be forfeit.
If we Cancel:
We reserve the right to cancel courses at any time up to four weeks prior in advance. Should we have to cancel your course, you will be offered an alternative date or a full refund of all monies paid.
Please do not make travel arrangements or bookings for overnight accommodation until at least four weeks prior to the course date. We cannot reimburse you for any expenses incurred in the event of cancellation other than those for the course itself.
Visiting the Workshop
We have a very active social media presence and post a lot of photographs and videos of day to day life in and around the workshop. If you are visiting the workshop either as a customer, socially, as a member, a student or otherwise, your image and/or voice may be captured by smart phone, video or stills camera, CCTV or other such recording device.
You will be asked your permission for your image to be posted on our social media sites, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter or YouTube and also any marketing material. Any image or recording used will be used in a positive way to promote the workshop and will not, in any way be defamatory to you.
Should anyone under the age of 16 be in the workshop, they are to be accompanied by a responsible adult who can make decisions on that child’s image/recording being used in marketing/promotional/social media material.
In all cases of photography or media capture of your voice or image, you will be required to complete and sign a model release form.
Right to Cancel Product Purchases
You have the right to cancel the purchase of a good without having to give a reason at any time within the “cooling off period” of fourteen days, beginning on the day after you receive the goods.
If you are in possession of the goods, you are under the duty to retain them and take reasonable care of them. You must send the goods back to us to our contact address at your own cost (unless we delivered the item to you in error or the item is damaged or defective) as soon as possible once you have canceled the contract.
We reserve the right to make a charge not exceeding our direct costs of recovering the goods if you do not return the goods or return them at our expense.
Once you have notified us that you wish to cancel the contract, any sum debited to us will be refunded to you as soon as possible and in any event within 30 days of your cancellation.
You will not have any right to cancel a purchase for the supply of any of the following:
- for the supply of goods the price of which is dependent on fluctuations in the financial market which cannot be controlled by the retailer.
- for the supply of goods made to your specifications or clearly personalised or which by reason of their nature cannot be returned or are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly.
- following the opening and/or use of the product from within the container. Any goods returned must be in a sealed, unused condition and suitable for resale.
- for the supply of audio or video recordings or computer software if they are unsealed by you.
- for the supply of newspapers, periodicals or magazines.
- for gaming, betting or lottery services.
All notices you send us must be sent to the contact details on this site (link). We may give notice to you at either the email or postal address you provide to us when making a purchase. (Notice will be deemed received and properly served 24 hours after an email is sent or three days after the date of posting of any letter.) In providing the service of any notice, it will be sufficient to prove, in the case of a letter, that the letter was properly addressed, stamped and placed in the post and, in the case of an email that the email was sent to the specified email address of the addressees.
These terms are governed by English law. Any contract for the purchase of goods from this site and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with any such contract will be governed by English law. You and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have non-exclusive jurisdiction. However, if you are a resident in Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are a resident in Scotland you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.