msabansmith.com is a site operated by Hampshire Sheen Ltd.
We are registered in England and Wales under company number 9817729 and with our registered office at Garthowen, Alton Lane, Four Marks, Hampshire, GU34 5AJ.
Our main trading address is: Garthowen Garden Centre, Alton Lane, Four Marks, Hampshire, GU34 5AJ
Our VAT number is 250 4876 03.
Your personal data will be used to provide the information, goods and services offered through our website to you, for billing and order fulfillment.
- If you sign up to our newsletter we may use your email address to send you information about products or services.
- You can opt out of these at any point and you can ask for personal data to stop being recorded at any time.
- Customers are added to the mailing list automatically unless the permission box is unchecked.
Cookies & monitoring
- Strictly necessary cookies – These are cookies that are essential to the operation of our website.
- Analytical/performance cookie – These cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors to our website.
- Functionality cookies – These cookies are used to recognise you when you return to our website.
- Targeting Cookies – These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed.
We may monitor traffic to our site and collect the following information:
- The IP address of your computer.
- The referring website from which you have got to our website from.
The reasons for this are:
- To make ongoing improvements to our website based on this data.
- To see our most popular sources of business.
Disclosure of personal data
- We may disclose your personal data:
If we sell our business.
To agents and service providers.
In cases where we are required by law to pass on information or if we believe action is necessary for fraud, cyber crime or to protect the website, rights, personal safety of person/s.
We may also disclose aggregate statistics about visitors to our website (customers and sales) in order to describe our services to prospective partners (advertisers, sponsors) and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifiable information.
If you are concerned about your data, you have the right, subject to the payment of a small fee to request access to personal data which may hold or process about you.
The products on this website come from a variety of sources both in the UK and overseas. Many of them are handmade and therefore, may vary slight;y in consistency between batches made. They are generally considered to be hazardous and should be kept away from children at all times and the user of the product should follow the guidelines on the packaging regarding correct use, and the use of personal protection equipment. We cannot be held liable for improper use of any of the products for sale on msabansmith.com.
Product Waiting List
The waiting list feature on the site is provided to you to let you know when out of stock products are available again. If you are on the waiting list for a product, you will receive an email when it comes back into stock. Orders on waiting list products are dealt with on a first come, first served basis – therefore you are not guaranteed that the product you are waiting for will be available when you come to order it after receiving the notification email. Products with customers waiting will be given 24 hours to place an order before the stock is promoted on social media.
Shavings Loyalty Points
- One ‘Shaving’ will awarded to you for every pound you spend;
- You can save your Shavings up in your account and spend them all at once or a few at a time;
- The exchange rate is 100 ‘Shavings’ for £1.00 off your next order;
- Earn 50 ‘Shavings’ for each product review you leave;
- Some products will have special Shavings Bonuses on earning you even more!;
- New customers will automatically receive 100 ‘Shavings’ Points when opening an account.
For bookings other than tailored tuition made more than one month in advance, the full balance of the tuition cost is payable at the time of booking if you are booking.
If you Cancel:
If you cancel your booking two weeks or more prior to the start date of your course, a cancellation fee of 50% will be payable and the remaining 50% will be refunded to you. If you cancel two weeks or less prior to the course date, all monies paid will be forfeit.
If we Cancel:
We reserve the right to cancel courses at any time up to four weeks prior in advance. Should we have to cancel your course, you will be offered an alternative date or a full refund of all monies paid.
Please do not make travel arrangements or bookings for overnight accommodation until at least four weeks prior to the course date. We cannot reimburse you for any expenses incurred in the event of cancellation other than those for the course itself.
Visiting the Workshop
We have a very active social media presence and post a lot of photographs and videos of day to day life in and around the workshop. If you are visiting the workshop either as a customer, socially, as a member, a student or otherwise, your image and/or voice may be captured by smart phone, video or stills camera, CCTV or other such recording device.
Wherever possible, you will be asked your permission for your image to be posted on our social media sites, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter or YouTube and also any marketing material. Any image or recording used will be used in a positive way to promote the workshop and will not, in any way be defamatory to you.
Should anyone under the age of 16 be in the workshop, they are to be accompanied by a responsible adult who can make decisions on that child’s image/recording being used in marketing/promotional/social media material.
Right to Cancel Product Purchases
You have the right to cancel the purchase of a good without having to give a reason at any time within the “cooling off period” of seven working days, beginning on the day after you receive the goods.
If you are in possession of the goods, you are under the duty to retain them and take reasonable care of them. You must send the goods back to us to our contact address at your own cost (unless we delivered the item to you in error or the item is damaged or defective) as soon as possible once you have canceled the contract.
We reserve the right to make a charge not exceeding our direct costs of recovering the goods if you do not return the goods or return them at our expense.
Once you have notified us that you wish to cancel the contract, any sum debited to us will be refunded to you as soon as possible and in any event within 30 days of your cancellation.
You will not have any right to cancel a purchase for the supply of any of the following goods:
- for the supply of goods the price of which is dependent on fluctuations in the financial market which cannot be controlled by the retailer.
- for the supply of good made to your specifications or clearly personalised or which by reason of their nature cannot be returned or are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly.
- for the supply of audio or video recordings or computer software if they are unsealed by you.
- for the supply of newspapers, periodicals or magazines.
- for gaming, betting or lottery services.
All notices you send us must be sent to the contact details on this site (link). We may give notice to you at either the email or postal address you provide to us when making a purchase. (Notice will be deemed received and properly served 24 hours after an email is sent or three days after the date of posting of any letter.) In providing the service of any notice, it will be sufficient to prove, in the case of a letter, that the letter was properly addressed, stamped and placed in the post and, in the case of an email that the email was sent to the specified email address of the addressees.
These terms are governed by English law. Any contract for the purchase of goods from this site and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with any such contract will be governed by English law. You and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have non-exclusive jurisdiction. However, if you are a resident in Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are a resident in Scotland you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.