- Before the Demonstration
- Convenient online booking;
- After confirmation, you’ll receive full and simple instructions for your club on joining the meeting using the services of zoom.us;
- If you have Participants joining from their homes, there will be easy instructions for them, too;
- On the Day (Evening)
- A two to three hour long professional demonstration for your club;
- High Quality, High Definition cameras and crystal clear microphone.
- An experienced Zoom moderator to look after the meeting, participants and their questions;
- On-Screen graphic displays, clearly illustrating pertinent aspects of the presentation;
- Access to the private Zoom meeting room for your club and guests (up to 100 participants);
- Q&A at regular intervals throughout and at the end of the event;
- After the Demonstration
- Any prepared .pdf handouts will be emailed for your members to print off and keep;
- Opportunities to send feedback about your experiences;
- Easy payment options for bank transfer or card using ‘Stripe’.
How To Book:
- Make sure you have downloaded and read the Important Information;
- Select a Blue date in the calendar above by clicking it;
- Answer the questions below the calendar);
- Click on ‘Check Availability’;
- Check the details, the click ‘Proceed to Check Out‘ – you do not need to pay anything yet;
- Add your name and club details where prompted for the name and address:
– Add your name as the club contact in the First and Last name boxes
– Under Business Name, add your Club Name;
– For the address, use the Club Meeting Venue address;
– Agree to the terms and conditions, then;
- Click on ‘Request Confirmation‘.
- Your requested date will be checked and a confirmation of the date and further information will be sent to you. After that, you will receive all necessary emails and information automatically. If your preferred date is not available, Martin will be in touch to discuss alternative dates.
Well received both in both remote and in-person presentations, this brand new demonstration for 2022 challenges you to think about mathematical proportions by turning a bowl purely using mathematics! It generates a lot of discussion and is a very interactive demonstration.
There is a 10 page booklet of supporting notes provided after the demonstration for your members.
Colouring by Hand
Perhaps Martin’s most popular demonstration, this one looks at the application of wood dyes by hand rather than an airbrush. During the presentation, your members will learn why figured woods are best for colouring using this technique. Members will also learn why no wood is safe from colour in Martin’s eye for colour and how just ‘a bit’ of colour can transform a piece. Permission from the venue to sand work and an extractor are required for this demonstration. There are notes available after the demo.
Being known for his fanatical approach to finishing, Martin goes through some of his processes from turning and sanding to applying sealer and final finish. He continues to explain why he carefully considers the finish on every single piece he turns and why you should too.
This is an enlightening demonstration into the mind of professional turners turning work to sell. Permission from the venue to sand work and an extractor are required for this demonstration.
Contemporary Ring Box
Another fairly simple spindle project for a solid and attractive ring box. Using two wood species, this demo includes spindle and bowl gouge work as well as drilling, use of a hollowing tool and scraper. There is also room for decorative tools and colours to be used, too.
Notes will be provided after the demo.
Eastern Style Tea Bowl
An excellent end grain bowl project using gouges and hollowing tools. The demo covers the turning of the piece, leaving the tenon on as the foot of the piece, the multiple layers of colour, plus the application of golf leaf using vinyl stencils. The lacquering process will be discussed in full as there will not be time, but a completed bowl will be shown.
There are no reviews yet.