msabansmith.com is a site operated by Hampshire Sheen Ltd.
We are registered in England and Wales under company number 9817729 and with our registered office at Garthowen, Alton Lane, Four Marks, Hampshire, GU34 5AJ.
Our main trading address is: Garthowen Garden Centre, Alton Lane, Four Marks, Hampshire, GU34 5AJ
Our VAT number is 250 4876 03.
Your personal data will be used to provide the information, goods and services offered through our website to you, for billing and order fulfillment.
- If you sign up to our newsletter or mailing list, we will use your email address to send you information about our products or services that may be related to a purchase you have made.
- You can opt out of these at any point and you can ask for personal data to stop being recorded at any time.
Cookies & monitoring
- Strictly necessary cookies – These are cookies that are essential to the operation of our website.
- Analytical/performance cookie – These cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors to our website.
- Functionality cookies – These cookies are used to recognise you when you return to our website.
- Targeting Cookies – These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed.
We may monitor traffic to our site and collect the following information:
- The IP address of your computer.
- The referring website from which you have got to our website from.
The reasons for this are:
- To make ongoing improvements to our website based on this data.
- To see our most popular sources of business.
In accordance to the new GDPR which came into effect in May 2018, here is the core information on how Hampshire sheen (and M. Saban-Smith Woodturning) processes your data, and what data I hold:
- What Information is Collected From Website Visitors: ip addresses, device information, access information, cookies, visit duration and tracking, email address, phone, name, shipping address and billing addresses, purchased products and mailing list signed up to;
- How and Where the Personal Information Is Processed: If you have made a purchase through this website: The data held is held on the payment website (PayPal if you make a purchase from this website), your purchase information, name, addresses, email address and phone number are stored in your account on this website and is also transferred for the legal recording financial transactions on our accounting software called Xero. The information is also used for internal sales reporting to assist with the development of the business. Occasionally, your name and email address, as well as purchase history will be used to send marketing messages to you.
- If you signed up to an email newsletter on this website: We only have details of your first name, last name and email address. This is only stored on this website for use in the marketing campaigns, email newsletters and important information.
- Who Has Access to This Personal Data: Martin Saban-Smith is the only person who has access to the information on this website. PayPal have access to financial transactions via their website, and our accountant has access to the data for use in preparation of company accounts and day to day running of the business through the accounting software ‘Xero’.
- Contact Details of the Assigned Data Protection Officer: Martin Saban-Smith. Contact via email HERE, or write to Martin Saban-Smith, Garthowen Garden Centre, Alton Lane, Four Marks, Hampshire. GU34 5AJ. Call 01420 560077.
- How to Lodge a Data Subject Access Request: You can request your personal data by following this link and entering your email address. You will then receive an email with information on how to access your data.
- How Long is Your Personal Information Held: Legally, we have to hold details of financial transactions for seven years in accordance to HMRC regulations after the date of the transaction. Other, non-financial details will be held on this website until you request they are deleted or you cease to interact with the website when they will be deleted within 12 months of your last interaction.
The products on this website come from a variety of sources both in the UK and overseas. Many of them are handmade and therefore, may vary slightly in consistency between batches made. They are generally considered to be hazardous and should be kept away from children at all times and the user of the product should follow the guidelines on the packaging regarding correct use, and the use of personal protection equipment. We cannot be held liable for improper use of any of the products for sale on msabansmith.com.
Club Demonstration Bookings (both ‘In Person’ and Remote):
Bookings for demonstrations are to be made using the booking facilities at www.msabansmith.com. This ensures you receive the necessary emails and information pertinent to your booking. The website will calculate the total cost of the demonstration for you, including mileage, overnight accommodation (if required), and other addon services you may be interested in. The booking will be confirmed after availability has been checked externally from the website in domestic diaries.
Following confirmation, a confirmation email will be sent to you, detailing the booking and any other relevant information. You will be able to download the invoice for payment on the day (or day after) the demonstration.
Before the Demonstration: Three weeks before your in-person demonstration, you will be required to complete a questionnaire of the information required to successfully complete your booking.
Payment: You can pay by bank transfer, PayPal or cheque. Cheques are not encouraged, though. For remote demonstrations, payments are to be made via PayPal or bank transfer only.
Public Remote Demonstrations on Zoom:
Bookings for demonstrations are to be made using the booking facilities at www.msabansmith.com. This ensures you receive the necessary emails and information pertinent to your booking. All published fees are payable at the time of booking following the websites usual check-out procedure using PayPal. You do not need a PayPal account to use the service.
- 10 minutes or so before the start time, click the link above follow any onscreen instructions and you will be taken to the Demonstration Waiting Room;
- Important: Make sure you join the meeting using the name on your booking confirmation so I can check you off the list and let you into the meeting room.
- When everyone’s in, I’ll run through some simple housekeeping and then get going!;
- Be On Time! The meeting will be locked 5 minutes after the start time.
All Remote Demonstrations
Poor Connection / Continuous Interruption: Should a paid Zoom demonstration (for a club or a publicly bookable event) be continuously interrupted by a dropping-out or poor internet connection at my workshop end to such a degree that the quality of the demonstration be deemed to be too low, an alternative rerun date will be offered to each participant, or a full refund of the fee will be made if no date can be found. In the case of Club remote demonstrations, an alternative date will be worked out between the committee and me.
Should your connection drop or cause interruptions, then no alternative date will be offered as it is out of my control.
Cancellation or No-Shows: If you cancel your place on a Publicly Bookable remote demonstration more than 7 days prior to the demonstration date, a full refund will be sent to you via PayPal. For cancellations less than 7 days before the event, no refund will be offered. Likewise, should you fail to log in to the Zoom meeting before the meeting is locked (5 minutes after the published start time), you will be deemed to have not shown-up for the demonstration and your booking fee will be forfeit.
In respect of Club Demonstrations where the club cancels less than 7 days prior to club will be liable for the full payment of the demonstration cost.
Cancellation/Postponement by M. Saban-Smith Woodturning: Should I have to cancel or postpone a remote demonstration for whatever reason, as much notice as possible will be given, including an alternative date to run the demonstration. If the date is not acceptable for you, any monies paid by you will be refunded in full.
Incorrect Names on Publicly Bookable Demos: For attendance checking and additional security, you must join Zoom demonstration using the name you booked with. If you attempt to join a remote demonstration with any name other than the one on your booking confirmation and joining instruction emails, you will not be granted access to the demonstration and you will be marked as a No-Show and any fees paid will be forfeit.
Bookings for tuition are to be made using the booking facilities at www.msabansmith.com. This ensures you receive the necessary emails and information pertinent to your booking. The booking will be confirmed after availability has been checked externally from the website in domestic diaries. Following confirmation, the full balance of the tuition cost is payable. Your confirmation email will provide you with links to do this using the secure services of PayPal (a PayPal account is not required for this).
Following payment, you will receive a formal confirmation email and then, one week before your lesson, joining instructions will be emailed to you together with other pertinent information.
Remote Tuition Bookings Terms & Conditions
- Liability Disclaimer and Workshop Safety:
- Usual and best practice workshop safety rules shall apply at all times during your lesson including the wearing of PPE by both parties appropriate to the lesson and tasks being undertaken, including the wearing of face shields when the lathe is running and dust masks when sanding. Where possible, extraction should also be used. Other Health and Safety requirements may be given to you by Martin during the lesson which you must adhere to.
- M. Saban-Smith Woodturning reserves the right to terminate the lesson with immediate effect should you fail, at any time during the lesson, to adhere to the health and safety guidelines given to you during the lesson. In this event, no refund will be given.
- Given the remote nature of your booking, you understand that you are entirely responsible for your own workshop safety, handling of all tools, quality of timber, PPE, and further understand that M. Saban-Smith Woodturning cannot be held liable for any injury or accidents that may occur during the session as a result of your own actions after following visual and/or verbal instructions given to you due to the remote nature of the lesson.
- Internet Connection Quality:
- In the event of an unstable internet connection leaving the workshop of M. Saban-Smith Woodturning which Martin decides, at any time during the lesson, is unsuitable to continue, you will be offered a new booking for the same length of time as the original booking, or a refund of the monies paid equal to the amount of time not completed during the lesson calculated to the nearest minute.
- Should the internet connection to your workshop be insufficient to stream the lesson or Martin is not able to clearly see your webcam picture or hear your audio, an alternative booking time will be offered. If, after the second attempt, the connection speed to or from your workshop remains insufficient, the booking will be declared impossible and a refund of the monies paid equal to the amount of lesson time not completed, calculated to the nearest minute will be made to you less a 20% Set-Up fee for the two failed lessons that were not the fault of M. Saban-Smith Woodturning.
- Recording of the Lesson:
- A recording of the lesson may be made by M. Saban-Smith Woodturning and made available to you for a period of one week following the end of the lesson. The above terms and conditions continue to apply during this time. You are not permitted to save it to any storage facility or device, nor make it available to others to view either via any link provided, nor on social media or otherwise.
Cancellation in All Cases
If you Cancel:
If you cancel your booking two weeks or more prior to the start date of your course, a cancellation fee of 50% will be payable and (in the case of tuition) the remaining 50% will be refunded to you. If you cancel two weeks or less prior to the booked date, all monies paid will be forfeit and in the case of demonstrations, the full balance will be due. If you need to reschedule your booking, we will do our best to accommodate your suggested date, but it will be subject to availability at that time. If no suitable date can be agreed upon, the booking shall be deemed as cancelled and the above cancellation fees/refunds will apply.
If we Cancel:
We reserve the right to cancel courses at any time up to four weeks prior in advance. Should we have to cancel your lesson, you will be offered an alternative date or a full refund of all monies paid.
Please do not make travel arrangements or bookings for overnight accommodation until at least four weeks prior to the course date. We cannot reimburse you for any expenses incurred in the event of cancellation other than those for the course itself.
Visiting the Workshop
We have a very active social media presence and post a lot of photographs and videos of day to day life in and around the workshop. If you are visiting the workshop either as a customer, socially, as a member, a student or otherwise, your image and/or voice may be captured by smart phone, video or stills camera, CCTV or other such recording device.
You will be asked your permission for your image to be posted on our social media sites, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter or YouTube and also any marketing material. Any image or recording used will be used in a positive way to promote the workshop and will not, in any way be defamatory to you.
Should anyone under the age of 16 be in the workshop, they are to be accompanied by a responsible adult who can make decisions on that child’s image/recording being used in marketing/promotional/social media material.
In all cases of photography or media capture of your voice or image, you will be required to complete and sign a model release form.
Right to Cancel Product Purchases
You have the right to cancel the purchase of goods without having to give a reason at any time within the “cooling off period” of fourteen days, beginning on the day after you receive the goods.
If you are in possession of the goods, you are under the duty to retain them and take reasonable care of them. You must send the goods back to us to our contact address at your own cost (unless we delivered the item to you in error or the item is damaged or defective) as soon as possible once you have canceled the contract.
We reserve the right to make a charge not exceeding our direct costs of recovering the goods if you do not return the goods or return them at our expense.
Once you have notified us that you wish to cancel the contract, any sum debited to us will be refunded to you as soon as possible and in any event within 30 days of your cancellation.
You will not have any right to cancel a purchase for the supply of any of the following:
- for the supply of goods the price of which is dependent on fluctuations in the financial market which cannot be controlled by the retailer.
- for the supply of goods made to your specifications or clearly personalised or which by reason of their nature cannot be returned or are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly.
- following the opening and/or use of the product from within the container. Any goods returned must be in a sealed, unused condition and suitable for resale.
- for the supply of audio or video recordings or computer software if they are unsealed or downloaded by you.
All notices you send us must be sent to the contact details on this site. We may give notice to you at either the email or postal address you provide to us when making a purchase. (Notice will be deemed received and properly served 24 hours after an email is sent or three days after the date of posting of any letter.) In providing the service of any notice, it will be sufficient to prove, in the case of a letter, that the letter was properly addressed, stamped and placed in the post and, in the case of an email that the email was sent to the specified email address of the addressees.
These terms are governed by English law. Any contract for the purchase of goods from this site and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with any such contract will be governed by English law. You and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have non-exclusive jurisdiction. However, if you are a resident in Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are a resident in Scotland you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.